When you visit the Site, we autwomatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
–“IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you sign up with an Internet Service Provider. When you visit our website, your IP address is automatically logged in to our server. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. From your IP address, we may identify the general geographic area from which you are accessing our website. Generally, we do not link your IP address to anything that can enable us to identify you unless it is required by law and regulation.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you sign up or attempt to make a purchase for our products and services, or when you enter into any commercial transactions with Tuk Tuk (The “Site”), you may be required to provide Tuk Tuk with your personal data. We collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
The personal data we collect can be either obligatory or voluntary. Obligatory personal data are those that we require in order to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide us with obligatory personal data, we would not be able to provide you with our products and services. Voluntary personal data are those that are not mandatory in order for us to provide you with our products and services. You can still sign up for our products and services if you do not provide us with voluntary personal data. Obligatory and voluntary personal data differ for each product and service and will be indicated in the application forms.
We obtain your personal data in various ways, such as:
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Provide and maintain our services, including monitoring the usage of our service;
– Communicate with you; by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation;
– Manage your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
– Provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
– manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
– For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
– For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Please note that we may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by posting a notice of such changes on our website or by sending you a notification directly. Do periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed on how we are protecting your information.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a Malaysian citizen, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a Malaysian citizen we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or improve the functionality of Our Service. We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements. Afterward, we will destroy or permanently delete your data.
The security of your personal data is our priority. Tuk Tuk takes all physical, technical and organisational measures needed to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data. If we disclose any of your personal data to our authorised agents or service providers, we will require them to appropriately safeguard the personal data provided to them.
We are committed to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date. If there are any changes to your personal data or if you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, please contact us so that we may take steps to update your personal data.
You have the right to access your personal data. If you would like to request access to your personal data, please contact us. Please note that depending on the information requested we may charge a small fee. We may also take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request for access to your personal data.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, you may contact our customer service number at +603-78760011 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 29 July 2022